Rogers High School Programs
Staffed by RHS certified teachers, the Academic Lab program provides participating RHS students with multiple and varied opportunities to receive academic support. Teachers break students into content areas to work with them on daily homework, common assessment tasks and/or quarterly benchmark assessments, and graduation portfolio/project development. The program is designed to maximize student access to academic support services.
Extended Learning Opportunities
During Extended Learning Opportunities (ELO), students learn in-part, or in-whole, outside of the classroom through rigorous, relevant and personalized instruction. ELOs are student driven and assess the student’s mastery of course competencies through demonstration. ELO’s align with school curriculum. The opportunity is rigorous and grounded in frequent assessment of student progress and growth. Through ELOs students are able to earn credit to be used towards graduation.
Extended Learning Opportunities include four components: research, reflection, product, and presentation.
Examples of ELO projects:
- Design and create a children’s book
- Write a legal brief
- Hold a sports clinic
- Design Underwater Robot
- Create a photography portfolio
- Learn about cyber security and compete in CyberPatriot competitions
Welcome Class of 2020! It is our pleasure to welcome you to Rogers High School. We are excited about our new group of Vikings and look forward to getting to know you and your family as you start on your four year journey through high school.
Rogers High School and the Newport Community School are also very excited to be able to give each member of the Class of 2020 a jump start in assisting you with your high school experience by offering Rogers 101. Participating in Rogers 101 is the very best way to make your transition to Rogers High School as smooth as possible. Rogers 101 offers each entering Grade 9 student the opportunity to:
- Get to know the Rogers High School campus and all Rogers has to offer;
- Engage in team building and personalization activities to assist in shaping your future success;
- Gain valuable academic support to assist with your own academic success;
- Earn a half credit towards your high school diploma! (must complete Rogers 101 according to program policies to earn credit)
Program Coordinator: Kelsey Dugan
15 Wickham Rd, Newport, RI 02840 Room 229
phone (401) 847-6235 Extension 2999